Wednesday, April 20, 2011

working working

Anything you don't want to do, but have to do now is called WORK.
People often take breaks from these tasks called WORK and blog about. At least in my days of the blog they used to. Now, facebook has taken over much of that.
Although what I do , I think is fun. But deadlines coming in and I want an assistant making scans while I sing and paint :P
Here's a rough draft for a book on witches I've been working on since I was in Goa.

Sneak preview!

everything is hand drawn/painted and then assembled on the computer. The characters are based on the author's family. The inspiration is his daughter, and the million stories he had to come up with, to entertain her. This is my first brush with drawing humans and bodies. I worked with a Korean painter and tattoo artist, Ji, in Goa over anatomy.. but loved making flat drawings. This witch is my favourite. I wanted to stick to pen and ink, black and white close ups of strange things and washes, but the book is for 7 yr olds and above, a bit of colour won't hurt anyone :)
love,
chamki

ps: post # 666

1 comment:

  1. More pictures.More colours.More tees made of yellow,lime green and dark green with blue highlights.


    Damn , now I wanna paint.

    ReplyDelete

Try not be anonymous, leave a cryptic initial.