Monday, April 11, 2011

*

I had a dream this afternoon that I was hugging a version of myself that was clearly clinging onto me for dear life. A size smaller, slightly wrinkled wearing the same clothes I was (white muslin) wrapped to my chest with her arms wrapped around my neck and shoulders.
I tried to push her away when the grip got too intense and all she said was, "me" repeatedly in a whisper.
In my head I heard the word "ego", but who knows what the word meant.
It didn't feel heavy or light, not a burden or any different from everyday. But she was afraid and needed me all the time. She was afraid I'd push her away and she would die. then I woke up

1 comment:

  1. wow. really interesting dream. i love how our dream world often reflects things that we've been thinking about or worrying about without even realizing it.

    ReplyDelete

Try not be anonymous, leave a cryptic initial.