Saturday, January 19, 2008

I'm bad at this

Silly women make interesting mistakes by saying interesting things to men who are actually women. Men as a matter of fact, are women. I will not explain why. I don't need to. I've had the luck (!?!?) of meeting some very very interesting men in my life. The ex boy, the romeo, the fling, the crushes, the inbetweens, the one i can't get, the one who won't get me, the pull and push guy, the poor boy, the arty farty, the brotherly, the Rudigore, the no chemistry guy... it may never end.
Last year's journal (2006) contains a letter I wrote to myself about the three types of guys who will always be around and the choice that I always make. I emailed it to myself in the future so that one day when I'm famous and still single, or broke and heart broken, or strangely arrange married I will find it my mailbox, be surprised at how wise I was even at such a delicate age. I'm not a fling person but post the one and only boyfriend long time ago there have been none who want to stand by me. Its either the I'm visiting your city- lets go for drinks- why don't you stay over. OR movies- pop corn- drink- why don't you stay over. OR common friend's party- drinking- why don't you stay over. Sometimes, walk on the beach- gin gola- why don't we meet again. Rarely walk down slope holding hands- a peck on the cheek. It used to be good- walk me home- I'll call you- meet at class- meet at a park- meet at the promenade- meet at the beach- meet again and again and again till peck on the cheek- drinks- movie- drink-why don't you stay over. But recently its been the most random men. Clueless. The last guy I was dating- rudigore- not ok. Should have looked for that ISI mark. Bloody hell, people make disorders, issues, fake ex-girlfriend's ditching them, do anything for saying no commitment full fun. I'm not a fling person I repeat. I'm not interested in someone who doesn't have a collective memory. Someone who has an attention span of 16 seconds can't really make conversation you know. And then this same Rudigore who fakes things from a to z goes on to say things about me to would be female victims that I'm thick. I quote- some women are beautiful, some are stupid but she is plain thick.

He is stupid enough to think I'm asleep and say this in the same room as me. Grow up and face your stuff I say! Then there is known stranger who only grows stranger by the day. I really don't care how small this internet world is but...the man is the master of mixed signals.If it wasn't for the school boy looks and the brightest laughter I wouldn't chase him.Hey! I'm not chasing him. Ok.. I'm bad at this as well. I'm bad at pretending I'm busy when I'm not and at being distracted when I'm not. I don't know why someone is worth my attention in the first place but I end one story to begin another usually so till clarity arrives I point my torch light and wait. I know I shouldn't be as silly as to calculate the marginal utility in every interaction with the opposite sex but it scares me that the other person is one step ahead of me almost playing me along. I was aware Rudigore was playing mindgames but I'd like him not to so I put trust on it. And trust is as complicated as trigonometry. I was always bad at maths so..

But yesterday I discovered this other guy...
and he has a girl.

6 comments:

  1. haha.
    wise wise

    ...p.s. i love the women drawings in the prev post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha i love it. it's a reflection into my own sordid love story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. :) And I love how you use words as images. Like the "he has a girl" in small font and right aligned. It' unique. Or I think so

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ma’am I hate to do this. Though I am breaking my resolution of not posting my views on other people’s blogs, I find myself vulnerable after reading your personal opinions about men, which you have glorified as THE FACTS about Men. I respect your personal views which you have formed based on your life experiences (your Luck-you may call it) but absolutely disagree with your understating of men which you claim you have mastered.

    Ma’am you have to understand the chief difference between Men and Males.
    When you generalize and talk about ‘Men’ and not being specific about the ‘Males’ you have met in your life, I think its every man’s responsibility to teach you the difference between them.
    “Men as a matter of fact, are women.” If your intention was to hurt men, you can claim the prize. I admit it hurt. Apart from your approval seekers, every man on this planet will tell you straight on your face ‘it hurts’. Though your support group will disagree and crow your statements as their philosophy of life. Deep inside you know it was absurd. There is certain kind of pride in being a man which you and the males you have met in your life will never understand. You have left me no choice but to defend our pride. Your male friends who will never have the guts to speak their mind will tell you are right and may take your word as gospel, but you know they are liars. They may disagree with my views and voice their opinion against me to get your approval, but I don’t need anyone’s approval to tell the right thing. I wish you all the luck in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  5. skyblue and seagreen> ha ha ha ha ha
    you're funny. Defending pride and all that. I'm not defending myself here. Go thrash. Men and males? I know in waht aspect I'm talking about men here. I'm not talking about my father, dude.

    ReplyDelete

Try not be anonymous, leave a cryptic initial.