Saturday, October 13, 2007

I've been thinking a lot of thoughts recently. And many of these thoughts are not thought. They are said first then they travel from sound to my ears and then to my head. I then realise that I have said them. Some of these thoughts seem profound to me. They may not be new but they carry with them the feeling that they are not as trivial as thoughts, they are more internal like realisations, discoveries I'm making for myself like experiences. One such thought happened at the terrace today. I looked at a bright star and another star close to it, they formed a line and they seemed to urge me to think that they are pointing to something else. I followed the trail and it did actually lead to another star. I looked around and before I could think I said that isn't it strange that every dot IS connected to another dot with a line. Every dot is connected to another dot in space. Every dot is connected to every other dot by a line. All things no matter where they are situated in space or time are connected by something as simple as one straight line. Hari, then said that the line IS the shortest distance between two dots. This is true, but something else.
It makes me picture things as a grid of lines which change with every flutter of an eyelid. I am and you are at this moment connected to every other thing that exists or existed by one simple line. What is far? or another side of a planet to us then?
I can go on and on and for me it still remains important. (and I'm not stoned)
I have also convinced myself of the fact that there is something else somewhere out of my physical vision that is happening and this happening is not in the sense of regular events. Its a feeling of a space somewhere where I am not. The feelings are of a distant Aazaan and the setting of the sky and the smell of the air of a place I know not where. The 'happening' is that place and that particular space with its conditions. I withdraw from whereever I am to connect to this other space and people think I'm not interested in what they are saving. This I must admit is not very far from the truth.
What is far?





PS: After looking at a lava lamp right now I think as B grade and cheesy as they are they are still poetic in their movement.

4 comments:

  1. chamki! wow!
    you're doing some serious explorations with words..and thought here.
    you completely took me out of my just-out-of-bed dazed-ness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you should have come with me where i went.


    azaan in the distance with the sun setting and a tahseel walks into darkness with a lantern if they are feeling very prosperous.

    blue limestone smeared houses . broken ruined castle.

    Its mere reality. yes. mere.

    Im in love,with soil , people , and experiences. Truth.

    Yes , same old love.

    you're a string of words in my head.

    ReplyDelete
  3. excellent thoughts...i had some like this (and i wasn't stoned either)...i saw an ever expanding web of connections in all directions...to infinity?
    each person a twinkling star of thought...
    shine on

    ReplyDelete

Try not be anonymous, leave a cryptic initial.