Saturday, September 08, 2007

Of life and death yet again

Flickr is evil. First they make a very clean and organised website, link it to your yahoo email address. Then they go on and make it even more user friendly. Of course there is a catch. I'm a firm believer of the philosophy that there is always a catch. They give you a limit of 200 photos. I have reached 196. I want to click and upload more photos... I'm addicted... I... must... must... upload... aaaaaaa!

Flickr is evil. They want me to pay. Why? The photos are mine. And not some chutta paisa Rs. 1500! All the other photos are owned by other people. The bloody site runs on our photos, else who would want to randomly keep clicking a bunch of links(exceptions: self proclaimed linkophile). Why should I pay, tell me! They should be paying me for sharing my wisdom with the rest of the world. A valuable page from my journal on their site without any royalty and other such stuff I don't know much about but can profit from.

When will mankind learn to respect art and genius... and me!
Flickr is evil.

All monetary inputs, old vintage cars, heroic acts of kindness are gladly welcome.

6 comments:

  1. I called up the flickr 1-800 number and was transfered to some one in Mogadishu - I was promised that they would look into your claims that they were evil with all sincerity and correct it.

    Come on no one can resist a good crispy hyperlink

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha ha!
    Mogadishu?
    I bet you've clicked a picture there of some kid sucking his thumb.
    As for hyperlinks that take you to a new page and take time to load are not happening... like the comments page on blogger. A neat pop up gives so much more spaming possibility.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohh, but flikr is such fun...someone had a good idea...it's a space to be hooked up to...like paying for internet service...but in your case chamki, they should be paying you ;-)

    mwhahahaha (evil laugh)
    oh wait, the phone, it must be my "friend" in Mogadishu

    ReplyDelete
  4. For Jen's friend in Mogadishu,
    my cell phone number is
    +91 98989 89898

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mean, mean people :(
    When I reach my limit, I'll erase everything and to hell with them! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey, I learnt that actually flickr lets you upload 100MB of photos each calendar month, then the counter is reset ever month and so the overall storage space is unlimited...

    ReplyDelete

Try not be anonymous, leave a cryptic initial.