Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Feelings in SMS

My parents just left. Its a difficult walk back home when the train leaves. Its not easy to live with them but its difficult to live knowing they are old and need you.

Once you've shared your space with someone, its not the same after they leave. Its bigger and colder and quieter.

The monitor at home has lost the colour red. It only displays blue and yellow. Its really old and belongs to my house mate.

Its sad that all these feelings for my parents only come about when they are away. Not when they are near. I think sometimes I must be more patient and repeat it to myself asking the angels to make me more loving but so far it hasn't helped and this trip I have been selfish as hell. They got on my nerves. I was irritated because I wasn't well and had to drag myself through a tour of Mysore.
I hope and pray that by next time I'm a better person to them and to myself.

Tried to avoid shopping and decided to invest in a cycle in this city. It would be nice to meet someone now.

We are never where we were. We think we come back to people, to being similar but we never do, we are moving even when we try to sit as still as we can. Every muscle inside, every tiny bit of us and the whole planet. All moving at the same time. Walking away, toward and beyond.

Yours truly,
the walkway girl.

4 comments:

  1. Hi: ) thoughtful post....such REAL feelings...feelings are real of course, and not always unloving even if in isolation they might seem it...

    knowing that feelings pass...as we move is more and more comforting to me...I don't fight it (the movement) as much as I used to...at least I think so..
    and maybe I am (slowly) becoming less hard on myself...

    have felt similarly after visits...

    something to take away from each time...so even when it is less than or different than we hope...it is not for nothing!

    will you go for a bike ride?

    ReplyDelete
  2. good to be needed....to need others...: )

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely. i bought a bike too. in bombay. and its fun to be on your own, moving away from the wind and into it at the same time.

    with your permission, may i blogroll you. want to stay here awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "How I wish, how I wish you were here.
    We're just two lost souls
    Swimming in a fish bowl,
    Year after year,
    Running over the same old ground.
    What have we found?
    The same old fears.
    Wish you were here."
    Pink Floyd

    ReplyDelete

Try not be anonymous, leave a cryptic initial.