Sunday, May 13, 2007

I want to do a Sketchcrawl in Dilli.
This is something M and me were planning to do around Colaba and Bandra in Bombay, India but now we are in two differen countries and I need to look for people to do this with me simply because it will be fun to do it with people.
I'm open to a sketchcrawl around Cannaught Place, Delhi. If YOU are interested send me an email and we can meet for some sketchcrawling on the 19th of May 2007.

Here is the info on how to do a sketh crawl from the sketchcrawl website:

The idea of SketchCrawl is that of a global drawing marathon: taking a day to journal and draw all that is around you.

How to participate to a World Wide SketchCrawl?

-Look around the forums and see if anyone in your area is getting together for the upcoming SketchCrawl (we set dates every 2 or 3 months).
-If not, put a call out to artists in your city or town.
-If no one responds to your call, you can still go out on the SketchCrawl day and draw away solo (you'll actually get more drawing done that way).
-Then be sure to come back to these forums after the SketchCrawl, share your sketches and experiences and peruse through drawings of fellow "crawlers" from all over the world.

In brief, these forums have those two goals:

1- Get artists together and organized for the upcoming Sketchcrawl.
2- Share artists' sketches and photos from all over the world after the SketchCrawl.
3- Create a community of friends passionate about drawing around the world.

There are no rules:
-Anyone can participate, be it to draw for 20 minutes or the full day .
-Any level of ability is welcome from veteran artists to first time sketchers.
-Any age! Try it with your kids!

From time to time we try and raise funds for a good cause. On those special SketchCrawl we ask this global drawing community to come together and give something back to the world.

- A key thing, help us spread the word!
If you are reading this, I am sure you have a number of friends that might be interested in this as much as you are. Tell them about SketchCrawl! Let's share this idea with the rest of the globe. No borders.

Thanks for your support. Let's draw and share !

2 comments:

  1. That's a really interesting idea but it would be hell for me, as drawing really gets on my nerves. Not that there's anything wrong with it, except I'm bad at it ;P

    ReplyDelete
  2. doesnt matter, only keeping at it will make you get better. My drawings from last year were bad and before that I didnt draw thinking I couldnt.

    ReplyDelete

Try not be anonymous, leave a cryptic initial.