Thursday, May 10, 2007

#450 Bombay to Delhi

I'm leaving for Delhi this afternoon. Its been hours of packing, ironing, sorting and thinking. It didn't hit me till this ominous moment. Nick Drake reminds me I'm going to be leaving Bombay. I don't know how long its going to be. May be I'll be back soon, like next month, or may be not. There is a part of me that doesn't want to leave. I've lost the comfort of college. I hated it but there were always people to meet beyond this gate. M and Pallu.gate to college hostel
I'm just so used to this space, the sea, my room, my computer, the people, the food places, the raddiwala, the ganna (sugarcane) juicewala, my cycle, my stuff, the air, the moon, the view, my plants, the comfort, the stuff that I haven't noticed. But its time to go. Try another city baby, sings Nick Drake as a type.
this is my room last monsoons. It looks different now.
Its not so much leaving the city that is adding to the silence of tonight, its the beginning of a period of newness, uncertainty and change. I will need to think of things to fill my day with. Perhaps a job or more studying, dance training, money making, creative idling. New people!
New influences. Imagine my life without a scanner. Pictures I click and drawings I make will not be able to make it to the blog. So I leave you with a picture of the Bombay I see from my window. The Bombay that's in my head.

14 comments:

  1. The room the view the junk and the life.Rueful tonight is.But life moves on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. have a good one you :)

    [hugs]

    ReplyDelete
  3. c!!
    i'm mising the raddiwala too!!!
    and did you go to college one of these days and take the hostle photos!?
    the views from your room are taking me back to the warm thick bombay air and long nights spent lying awake taking till your dad wakes up for yoga.
    p.s. in your visual DNA did you mean my treat= a massage?

    ReplyDelete
  4. So long, friend.

    Pictures in a Park, Rubberstamps in a Barista, Earphones at Bandstand, Indian Ocean at Andheri Sports Complex, an Unsaid goodbye at Mocha.

    So long, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh boy, that's tough!
    I really suffer when I have to change places but you get used to it very fast.
    Good luck and have a nice trip.

    ReplyDelete
  6. aww. cheer up. bombay's home. you'll always be coming back to bombay no matter what. I know exactly what you're going through now. :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. as do i.
    But i wont be pretentious. We all have our own memories. And like you said, our own quirks.
    Its just a new chapter, and not a new book.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You'll do fine, you'll see. And please let us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh dear God, I've read your blog on and off for so long~

    All the best you.
    and saw you on flickr, will add quick quick~

    ReplyDelete
  11. Acidic?
    Welcome to the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  12. the hostel photo was like a hand squeezing my heart. brings back so many memories... your room...readings...tv...movies...your computer...walks...zig-zag road...huh!!(that was a really deep sigh)

    ReplyDelete

Try not be anonymous, leave a cryptic initial.