Tuesday, July 26, 2011

life's like that only... what to do?

You know sometimes you are just thinking about somebody. Ok, not just anybody it would have to be somehow a special somebody. You could just go on and on. You could have an imaginary conversation, in the dark reflective surface of your laptop, in the bathroom, in broad daylight with no one around, which leads to my point - then you pick up your phone and as an extension to your silliness you text them. Something totally not related, totally off-topic and absolutely 100% loony. I will refrain from giving you an example. Now, I have spent several times in different phases of my life -from the time where there were no cell phones and landlines were used to give blank calls, and then in college when lame conversation was the norm to now when everything you want to do, say or seem has got to be intelligent or somewhat double meaning. All this time I was wondering if I'm the only woman to do it. (yes, it seems so men rarely do things like this, or at least it wont be the man you are thinking about, but some other who is thinking about you)
I am, very much, aware that this such an escape route from a boring present- painstaking page layouts or hours of transcription work for example... but why? Why do we do this endlessly? In a loop again and again and again?
And this morning, in one long session of transcription work, it came to me. We just have to be in the present. I know, I know, we have heard this, seen it, attempts have been made to stuff it down our throats but we've been too busy talking to ourselves through all of this and not felt it. But this morning I did. It just felt right, every little peice of the room I sat in, was suddenly brighter, clearer and nothing outside the room was important. I did, however, at this juncture take the oppurtunity to have an imaginary conversation, with an imagined female tarot client and tell her about leaving her cell phone, forgetting her facebook, twitter, what-not and all these escape routes and doing the stuff she needed to do.Face the boring room, the dull laptop screen and then making time for that glorious sun set hour Tai Chi session on the sea side.
phew!
Life's like that. Up and down like a wave. Even the sun isn't spared. Up and down. Morning and Evening. Day and Night. Clarity and Confusion. The wave of life. Something surely stands constant though we think, the witness of these waves? perhaps the particle and the wave?
... they say light is both particle and wave...

and then I finished the first tape of my transcribing assignment

1 comment:

Try not be anonymous, leave a cryptic initial.