Saturday, April 05, 2008

The mail is playing with my emotions

The only male I choose to keep in my life right now is gmail, and even he doesn't stop from playing with my emotions. If you know me, you would also know about the dream I have about an old lady in Bandra falling in the middle of the road while crossing. I save her and inherit her fortune because she has no children and her husband left her long ago. I nurse her for a few days. Then I inherit her lovely Parsi bungalow in Bandra mostly on Turner road, the one with lovely stained glass green windows. I don't mind the big haunted looking one at Bandstand either. Then one room to artists who don't have studio space, dancers actors, the bastards of the society, lots of space for me and my parents. Lots of creation etc. Big, lavish, in terms of space is this dream.

Today, in my inbox, this:

Dear in Christ,
Greetings in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. I am Mrs Mariam Kofi, from (Kuwait). I am married to Mr Edward Kofi, who worked with Kuwait embassy in Ivory Coast, for nine years before he died in the year 2005. We were married for eleven years without a child. He died after a brief illness that lasted for only four days. Before his death we were both born again christians. Since after his death I decided not to remarry or get a child outside my matrimonial home which the Bible is against.
When my late husband was alive he deposited the sum of US$850.000 dollars in a bank here in Abidjan Cote d'Ivoire. Ever since, my husband died, I became seriously sick including the stroke that have made it impossible for me to walk with my leg again. Few days ago, my Doctor told me that, if I want to live for the next few months. I need to under-go a major heart operation this week, as a result of my kidney and breast cancer problem, which I have been suffering from for many years. The one that disturbs me most is my stroke sickness. Infact, my sickness has made my life so miserable and am no longer interested in material things. It was because of this reason, I took the final decision to contact you to help me utilize this money the way I am going to instruct here.
Please, am believing that you are a child of God?. I want you to use this funds for orphanages, schools, hospitals, churches and widows propagating the word of God and endeavour to see that the house of God is maintained. The Bible made us to understand that "Blessed is the hands that giveth".
Note: I took this decision because I don't have any child that will inherit this money and my husband's relatives are idol whorshipers and I don't want my husband's efforts to be used by unbelievers. I don't want a situation where this money will be used in an ungodly way. This is why I am taking this decision. I am not afraid of death, hence I know where I am going. I know that I am going to be in the bosoom of the Lord.
I don't need any telephone communication in this transaction, because of my health, and my husband's relatives are always around me. I don't want them to know about this development. With God all things are possible.
I will also issue you an authority letter that will prove you the present beneficiary of this funds. I want you and the church to always pray for me because the lord is my shepherd. My happiness is that I lived a life of a worthy Christian. Whoever that Wants to serve the Lord must serve him in spirit and truth.
Please always be prayerful all through your life. Please assure me that you will act accordingly as I stated herein.
Hoping to receive your reply.
Remain blessed in the Lord.
Sister: Mrs Mariam Kofi

2 comments:

  1. Its like the stuff for novels or films . or a fool's prank too late . either ways, quite a game :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No game.
    This email is more correctly understood as: "I want access to your bank account details because I want to rob her."
    This spammer has no 850 grand. This spammer has nothing.
    This spammer is a petty thief.
    Have no contact with Mrs Mariam Kofi.
    Mrs Mariam Kofi is a Nigerian gangsta called Mbutu.
    The only thing (s)he wants from you is cash.
    Your cash.
    This spammer scum has no free money to give away to orphanages.
    Mariam Kofi Mbutu Gangsta is filling up the email boxes of the western world with similar spam rubbish.
    It is nothing to do with Christianity.
    It is not Christian to be a fool.
    James

    ReplyDelete

Try not be anonymous, leave a cryptic initial.