Tuesday, January 29, 2008

This is why you should take your horoscope seriously

Virgo Horoscope

(Aug 23 - Sep 22)

No matter how competent you are, you can suffer now if others don't recognize your contribution. Uncharacteristically, you might work even harder than normal to garner the attention you want. This, in turn, could make you may feel less romantic than usual. If you think you should be doing more, remember that it's inefficient to waste your energy on guilt. It's smarter to focus your attention on the love that is real.


I don't even know why this post should be public. I know what it means and that's what I really care about today. You know, we often hang on to the image of a person and why this person is so good for you. This weekend, I had conversations with people hanging onto someone they really like only (or more importantly) because they'd like a person such as MR. X in their lives. A said she hung onto a guy she knew since she was a kid only because she saw her being really happy in his family. Living with her Mr. X who did a and b and c for a living gave her story the setting she desired. Now, he is exotic- a tennis star who is extremely arrogant and very rarely happy. Who wouldn't want to be the one to pour some rainbow into his life? How often do we meet someone who is fairly stable, makes you comfortable, is friendly, funny and not afraid to talk and are able to like him? Now this kind of person often is the opposite of the exotic character we would like in our lives- you know the MBA kind, or a CA. I don't really find that very exciting, their salaries are just some numbers to me, a car and a suit doesn't matter too much. But we, (namely me) are too afraid to like someone who is not a weirdo. Its pretty sad. I would never admit of liking an accountant. Oh no! Why on earth! Is there no photographer, writer, musician, actor, dancer, poet, journalist, radio jockey, film maker left for us snobs of the highest arty farty order? I exaggerate... but not too much.

It felt good realizing this. And then my horoscope said:

It's smarter to focus your attention on the love that is real.

10 comments:

  1. shut my eyes and all the world drops dead;
    I lift my lids and all is born again.
    (I think I made you up inside my head.)

    The stars go waltzing out in blue and red,
    And arbitrary blackness gallops in:
    I shut my eyes and all the world drops dead.

    I dreamed that you bewitched me into bed
    And sung me moon-struck, kissed me quite insane.
    (I think I made you up inside my head.)

    God topples from the sky, hell's fires fade:
    Exit seraphim and Satan's men:
    I shut my eyes and all the world drops dead.

    I fancied you'd return the way you said,
    But I grow old and I forget your name.
    (I think I made you up inside my head.)

    I should have loved a thunderbird instead;
    At least when spring comes they roar back again.
    I shut my eyes and all the world drops dead.
    (I think I made you up inside my head.)

    Sylvia Plath

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S- she killed herself you do know. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. and i totally agree on that accountant bit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Give the guys in suits a chance ...

    Many still are poets and dreamers , just need the nearest telephone booth.:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. why do they need the nearest telephone booth?

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is as profound a question as "Why are you here?"(even if asked on the doorstep).

    P.S.: I was just using the superman analogy.(Clark kent -->telephone booth-->superman)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh hari potter> master of all things unsaid , I agree but realisaton dawns only when you have pink nails according to Kirsten. well, she didn't say it, but she has painted my nails pink! so..

    JUgular bean> Welcome to Chamki's needle work kit, hope you enjoy stitching around.

    ReplyDelete

Try not be anonymous, leave a cryptic initial.