Friday, August 10, 2007

What kind of a person walks into your home and leaves you feeling miserable? Only a Rudigore.
When do you run out of things to cook? When someone comes over to see your house and judge your cooking.
What do you cook at such times? Top Ramen Curry Noodles with egg and cheese.
What should you not expect? Someone to sit around and talk to you after they have finished eating.
What should you do when someone stands at your door and starts reading the Martin Luther Speech from the wall, when they are actually getting late? Hold the door open.
What should you not feel? Lonely.
What else can go wrong on a day like today? You can leave your cell phone locked in your friends place for the entire afternoon and evening with parents calling you frantically and worrying if members of the Kanada Sangha have put you in liquid oxygen.

It wasn't about Rudigore this time. It was just the thought of MY house. How I saw my house and how another sees it.To me its messy alright but with a hint of life and love. Things are tacky like a cheap circus and the bulb is too bright, the music is not just right - Prem Joshua's Mudra and Tales of a Dancing River, my newest buys, the bed is on the floor and I still have to pack to get to Bombay tomorrow. But what triggered it was that I wanted my house so I could share my space with people. I don't ask everybody and anybody to get here, but when someone is home I feel like I belong somewhere with them. Rudigore makes me feel like he is doing me a favour by visiting. Everybody seems like that. Those dreams of sitting around and reading excerpts aloud, sharing thoughts, talking till 6am were only possible in Bombay. Mahima, Pallavi and me. I haven't found one person in this city to just BE with. Its either Rudigore phase or I want to be your Rudigore or I'm too old for this shit, or Ah! life is pointless lets just drink the night down.

Looking at the brightside, I'm surprising my parents by landing home tomorrow afternoon. It's my father's 60th birthday this Saturday, also I'm fetching my BMX because I can't find a decent replacement vehicle in Bengaluru.
Also, Nutella chocolate spread on biscuit tastes like home made Twix chocolates and makes great as desert.

till then,
yours truly,
sigh girl.

5 comments:

  1. Your parents will be thrilled! I wish you a great trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a good time! the homemade Twix sounds delicious : -)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh twix and nutella - I can't eat any more chocolate today!

    I still think that if a person gets a meal cooked for you, you should be grateful, but not so much as to read political speaches ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. If they don't like your place, they don't belong there.
    Not even if you think you belong to them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you people for your valuable comments. I suggest all of you to plan a trip to Bangalore, India and taste the homemade twix.

    ReplyDelete

Try not be anonymous, leave a cryptic initial.