Friday, June 29, 2007

guess who's back (for a bit)


Virgo (Aug 23 - Sep 22)
Your irrational emotions are aroused today by a close friend or family member. Current activities stimulate memories that may make you nostalgic. This is a moving experience for you as you must leave your fantasies behind and fully engage with your feelings intact. Don't hide your desires. Although denial can take the edge off the day, it will also prevent you from breaking through to new ground.

I'm HOME!
I'm in Bombay! Its Bombay! Its not so much nostalgia how much it is the joy of familiarity. I know the streets, the people, and it feels like I never left it. I think my father really missed me, its all over his face. I hate to be going back because of how he feels and I really don't have any emotional attachment to Bangalore, it has changed significant people in my life. I've trusted a lot of people from that city and regretted that, and I know this is not the last time. Anyway... I'm HOME! My computer is here. My mother used alphabets from the calender and fixed the keyboard so its as funky as a ransom letter. Its my style also, I loved it instantly. I don't feel settled, half of me is in Bangalore, with K and BBB and whitey the car chasing dog. I'm a collector, I've collected these people and built them little shrines in my memory. I don't know where they keep me. BBB, I'm sure I'm out of his blinkered view there just about enough place for one person and camera. Whitey for sure remembers me. May be BBB's mommy does, because she doesn't have to force me to eat. May be the rickshawala who corned me does remember me and laugh about it. But I give everyone a pocket, and like this fact in a bittersweet sense. These pockets are accessible and you can be lost in one or more of them. I really don't know what I'm doing where I'm heading, but I'm walking.
yours truly,
walkway girl

6 comments:

  1. I'm still terribly confused about all your comings and goings but I can see you're happy in Bombay and that's good.
    Didn't know you were a Virgo. I've made some recent observations of Virgos and I noticed that they're always very interested in what other people have to say and they respond to it politely. They pay attention. Does this sound accurate?

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes it does.
    Although, I'm what is called a cusp, a leo and a virgo of sorts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Somehow, I've never really liked the concept of Bombay as a city. But I should experience it, sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey... I dunno if you know, but Shiv stays at Ulsoor itself. Pass on ur no. if you want. Just let him know if you need nething i.e. :D Take care...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey venusberg, I met Shiv once at Koshy's (just like I said, every bangalorian goes to Koshy at least once a day.)
    So , go ahead and pass my number.

    lotsa love,
    chamki

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yup..he told me:)
    Well, I don't have your Bang no. so see if you wanna pass that on etc...Is ur old no. workin?

    Take care...

    ReplyDelete

Try not be anonymous, leave a cryptic initial.