Sunday, March 18, 2007

All the lonely people with Eleanor Rigby

There is magic in a brief moment when you are riding double seat with a friend on a motorbike and blow a kiss to someone who least expects it. That’s what I did today.

Parry heard all that I had to say about all the lonely people and where they all come from. About how I wish I could meet a fellow loner and end our loneliness. We, that’s Parry and me, along with Eleanor Rigby took few rounds of Carter Road. On our way, -I don’t remember if it was Parry’s idea of your silly giggly’s- but we decided if I pass a cute guy and if he is looking at me at that precise auspicious moment of time, I shall blow him a kiss. We passed thin-bearded-smoking-eating-sad-looking away-with girl friend –too busy to bother- Ipoding- not interesting-lean- hunk-jogger-sandwich wala- waiting at bus stop- whistling- till we got to cute-and-looking-at-me!

There he was, smiling at me. I smiled looking back at him even after we had passed him. But I couldn't do it.

Another try it had to be. He was worth it. It was going to be HIM. The second time we were passing, he was looking right at me. The stars above were trying their best to create the right moment, build the right mood for yours truly to deliver the bliss. All the corny things right in place. And then… I blew a cute little kiss!!!

I looked away. I couldn't look at him. He was with his friends! Wonder what he thought! Parry, being sweet as he is, took the bike up the hill to Pali to avoid further discussion on the effect of a kiss on the cute boy’s psyche.

March 19th 2007.

Last night a curly long-haired Punjabi boy with the girl with the biggest smile ever were seen riding past lonely men in dark streets, singing,

All the lonely people,
Where do they all come from?
All the lonely people,
Where do they all belong?

An inquiry has been set up by BRA (Bandra Resident’s Association) to end such ill behavior. Although nothing concrete can be said our sources reveal this could have something to do with the Indian Cricket team’s recent loss or the decreasing number of stray dogs in the locality.

The pink page is a scan of a journal
page about lonely time at Oval Maidan yesterday.
Not the best scan, but I'm feeling lazy and drunk under
the influence of the kiss!

5 comments:

  1. Eleanor Rigby,one of my fav. songs.saw ya dig the Beatles all day today,nice post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post. If everyone blew at least a kiss per day to a stranger, this would probably be a much better world. (although I would include the not-so-cute ones as well, just for fairness!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't mean great looking by cute. By cute I meant someone who caught my eye as being interesting. I wanted to maintain a certain importance to the kiss I didn't want it to lose meaning and became a freebie to whoever happened to be there. That adds more meaning for me in the process as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice..
    hey have u tried drawing it...woman sittin on the backseat of the bike blowin a kiss ?..wondering..

    ReplyDelete
  5. OOOOh! I must!
    I must draw it!

    ReplyDelete

Try not be anonymous, leave a cryptic initial.