Saturday, September 23, 2006

Note to self and God

Dear God,
After 1 hour of non-stop riyaz I feel like a good girl worthy of some sleep.
Help me and other young and confused minds to focus on things they want to
do and achieve.
Most people my age are distracted , disappointed and depressed.
Help us to face our trouble and refrain from the indulgences which make us sacrifice things we strive for. May we never have to do anything that makes us guilty.
Thank you, for the 2 silly girls who follow me with their smiles every evening and treat me to some of the best times I can have. I ask you to always keep those smiles on their faces, not just for me to see, but for the whole world to benefit. I'm sure the world won't be pretty without them.
Thank you, for having people to inspire me from lands far far away. For the people who make me write mail after mail,post after post, poem after poem (even in my broken English and torn French)
Thank you, for all the art I have been fortunate to experience, without which I wouldn't be me.
Thank you, for all the complexities in my life, all the heart breaks and difficult situations. Without these, the story of my life wouldn't be as interesting.

Thank you for ice creams, colour, dogs, cats, music, Yoga and Kathak instructors, calculators, and memory.
Love you,
chamki

3 comments:

  1. Dear Chamki.
    You should go out with the Irish guy.
    Regards,
    GOD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Divya,
    Thank You for some of the best times in my life too!

    It's strange how the power of prayer has affected all three of us simultaneously.
    I pray for you two.

    One of the silly girls.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear God,
    I think going out is stupid in general.
    I like having friends, they mean so much more, and they bring so much more joy, and they don't hurt.They share more things than lovers these days. Besides you said I should love everyone and not some.

    ReplyDelete

Try not be anonymous, leave a cryptic initial.