Monday, September 25, 2006

The Lovers and Memory

I
You, my fake lover,
Erased bits of you
From me
Willingly.
Plucked the light
Out of the sun for me,
Drained the love
From the rain
For me.
You came in my dream
This morning,
The sinful embrace
Leaves me mourning.
You lied.
I'’ll never trust you
And your memory,
Which appear invariably.

II
You, my distant forbidden fruit,
Are imprinted on me.
You, never let me know you,
never wrote or called,
Never lied,
But remain forever
The liar.

III
You, who loved me,
And let me be,
Were a dream,
Mine and yours,
But not all dreams
Are dreamt.
You walked with me,
And still do in memory,
You will never die.

IV
You, who don'’t know,
What you mean to me,
Are more than what you think,
You are the sun - XIX embodied,
Joy, poetry, fondness childlike.
You are not yet memory.

Inspired by a post on M's blog.
Love the format itself.
I think there will be more of these.
There is one already
in my head.

1 comment:

Try not be anonymous, leave a cryptic initial.