Thursday, July 26, 2012

Papa dear

Papa was in a nursing home for 12 days. He's home now. Doctors have said Interstitial Lung Disease.
I've moved in with my parents after 5 years. We play his favourite music, compete over food and ask all visitors to say a joke and bring wit and laughter instead of asking what the doctors say. He's tired of that.
He bosses mum and me around. We obey and sometimes don't. He walks a bit now, eats a bit more that he did in hospital and coughs a lot. I do my morning and evening practice around him. Sometimes, he likes to meditate while I do. He worries a lot, and gets angry easily. But finding no competing aggressor, the anger fizzles out. He worries over me and my finances, a secure future for me, and a good-natured husband. Mum and me wish him ease and patience. Patience, acceptance and love.

3 comments:

  1. i like the parent on the bed, and the words that go long. sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending him and you and mum lots of wishes and energy for Patience, Lcceptance and Love. <3

    ReplyDelete

Try not be anonymous, leave a cryptic initial.