Friday, July 22, 2011

The embrace

Writing fresh from an embrace,
I feel, had this happened a few years ago,
I would have still reached the realization-
There is nothing but love.
The rest is all that stuff, the stuff that keeps us
from seeing it, from feeling it
and from being it.
6 years ago, when I began writing this blog
it was to grieve the lack of love,
the love that was torn away from me,
that which was incubating me taken away
and I was left lose into the world...
on my own, to face myself
and the truth that everything around me
was pretty much a decomposing white lie.
I love you, I trust you, I value you,
I am your parent.
All fundamental truths,
those on which I had based my self,
shook, broke and left me.
There weren't any pieces to pick
and continue
but a whole new beginning.

I stood there alone, knowing all the people I loved
knew these truths as true all along,
and the lies and lies all along.
I couldn't handle it.
I had given up.. I saw no way out of it.

Today,
6 years and an embrace later,
a fearless sort of love, a return to yourself,
or someone you have seen always in the mirror
but never met.
In the meeting of the eyes, a curiosity so simple,
that no will or moment could pose its awkward threat.
Love truly is
Where there is nothing else.
Just a calm place, a sort of zero,
from where we could hold a conversation today.
I had the strongest feeling of entering into your heart
a hot yellow flash of light and disappearing.
The surest physical sensation that we are one.
we are all one, sujay. we are all love.

2 comments:

  1. primum amoris
    we are stuck like glue,
    wound and round,
    its not even there
    we can our goodbyes;
    we can speak for ours hearts
    but its sticky like glue
    and why the fuck did it happen to you

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah Anonymous,
    It happened to me,
    for it had to happen to me,
    to tell me what it had to,
    and probably will happen,
    till I can hear,
    loud and clear
    that we are all one
    there is nothing to crave,
    meet or run away from.

    ReplyDelete

Try not be anonymous, leave a cryptic initial.