Friday, October 02, 2009

major pipe minor pipe

We, brilliant human beings are simply a bad plumbing job. What we carry with us as bodies is pretty much a portable, displaceable pipe that begins at the mouth and ends you know where..
Felt like a sink or wash basin as you hear liquid gurgling down your throat or get acidic after eating a citrus fruit?
Everything is a pipe, connected to another pipe. Major pipe to minor pipe, like big river and its tributaries. What is important is not what gets held or is fixed, contained by the body or what is the body, but how it comes in contact and how it gets out, what is the outcome of this process in terms of energy/ learning / experience?

Now think of picking a shade of hair colour, waterproof mascara or kissable lipstick.
I'm interested in knowing how someone who believes idea 1 is supposed to co-exist with someone who believes idea 2. I'm interested in knowing how someone can have both these ideas co-exist and battle against each other every day. And its not particularly about these ideas that I'm interested.. I'm interested in my interestedness.. in what knowledge is, why our opinions are not knowledge and why our instinct is not our knowledge. When I feel, you are cold to me, I feel this, and when you deny it, who is true? When I say black and white for this photograph isn't as good as the colour version, how do you get to decide that what I think is wrong? Who decides which feeling is accurate, or correct or honest? And what if both are?

3 comments:

  1. wow i stumbled onto your blog from someone elses when i saw chamko rani written and i knew it must be you :-)..

    just read a few posts and i see that you have hundreds since 2005... so its going to take a bit to read a lot of it :-)

    but i really feel after having read some that you must get in touch when you get back to india. i would love to know you in real life.

    cheers
    avi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Avi, reading all the 100 posts will be really stupid. they are mostly angsty teenage stuff. As for knowing me in person:

    A dog typing away at a computer tells his canine buddy, "On the Internet, nobody knows you're a dog.- New Yorker cartoon

    ReplyDelete
  3. 'tributaries' is one of my favourite words. i like to say it and also it reminds me of class 5F. :)

    ReplyDelete

Try not be anonymous, leave a cryptic initial.