Monday, February 18, 2008

nothing much

Nothing moves. Nothing stirs. Bangalore’s air is thick with a noise that numbs, you know, construction, cars, and airplanes aiming into my house. No, music doesn’t help .But you are not unhappy in these circumstances. You are indifferent, unaffected, and uninspired. I’ve been trying to recreate a bit of my Bombay here. My room, the peace you don’t want to leave, a song on repeat. The littlest things that inspire you . The friends or the lack of them . The people and how there are always too many you don’t know. But nothing is really helping. I feel a hole in my stomach. I’m happy, yeah sure… what have I got to feel anything about? But I’m not. And its not about love this time. For once its not about finding a man and living happily ever after. That’s not enough. Been reading my favourite poems over and over again to sort of learn them. Been trying to do some art. Been trying to improvise at contemporary dance class. Nothing inspires. Nothing moves me.

the dancer who stopped moving

5 comments:

  1. awww i hope that you've had more success with finding inspiration. i've been watching so much dance on youtube lately & it's really been making my day & making me want to learn more about all forms of art.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Open your eyes and ears for inspiration chicka!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want rani float...does it come in other flavours as well?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love lows they make you come back like a star, more like the sun setting only to rise brighter the next summer.

    So I've begun copy drawing. Opening eyes and ears. Still playing loopy music though.

    Rani float is the coolest. I'm thinking of tieing up with them... Chamko Rani float etc :P It comes in orange, pineapple, and peach flavours. I didn't like their peach enough. It has real fruit peices as well and isn't aerated.

    RANI float.. float.. float.

    ReplyDelete

Try not be anonymous, leave a cryptic initial.