Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Miss Dispensable’s dump site.

These words I want to leave here to save myself from thinking them, saying them and playing them in my head.

My house, my home, my hollow, my hole.
And I thought I was okay
but it takes just one song to make it all turn around.

Unknown Artist – Untitled Track

It’s a song of no significance actually, just that the last time I heard
it I was holding someone close to me. Singing.
These are moments that may not be very long or intense as the present
but as memories they are as potent as home made wine
from Noon wine, Church Street, Bangalore.

There are not too many memories of all of you.
There is no face that I picture when I think of you.

You , and you and then you.
There are no memories of your touch.
But there are
and it hurts to be alone again.

Is there something I do to be like this repeatedly?
I know good things happen to good people, I've said it
enough to believe it, but I don't know if I'm one of those people

Because at the end of it all, I’m alone in this city with very few people
I can call at 2am in the night.

Its not about a ear, or a shoulder, or company.
Its not about a particular man anymore. Or my parents. Or my friends.
Its just… everything, me, the time of the day,
The door, the music, the food, the climate, love, life, everything.


I don't know what I feel when I cry anymore.
I cry. Its an all absorbing activity, all senses surrendering to the sovereignty of the pain.
I cry missing someone to hold, sometimes thinking of happiness, sometimes thinking of nothing, sometimes listening to other people's stories, sometimes because everything is so beautiful and painful like a movie, like a walk in the park, like a lake.

I'm difficult to like me. I understand. But why?
Every time I look in the mirror, I see a girl, who doesn’t really look harmful, but there are
so many words that make me question that belief. What is it that I do?

What makes me so dispensable?

Each one to their own happiness…

Dream on. Dream on. Dream on. Dream on. Dream on. Dream on.
Dream on. Dream on. Dream on. Dream on. Dream on. Dream on.
d.r.e.a.m. u.n.t.i.l. y.o.u.r. d.r.e.a.m. c.o.m.e.s. t.r.u.e.

what about mine?

Dream on – Aerosmith.

5 comments:

  1. we're all dispensable, each of us. and so is (hard to believe and accept, but) pretty much everything you miss. all of it builds up again. not identically, maybe, but nicely enough to fill the gap.

    and bangalore is a nice city to be alone in, girl. do you have a view of the lake from your house?

    ReplyDelete
  2. not the view of the lake, but its a tiny minute away. I'm glad I don't have the view of the lake, I would be paying much more rent for that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. (clearing throat sound here)

    You are not dispensible!

    You are not difficult to like!

    o.k. now...

    keep doing what you love...

    start doing what you want to do...

    keep open to discovering things you love...

    enjoy you!

    and most of all, Dream on!!

    based on my interpretation of what you wrote, which may be something I make to fit my own experiences...

    I've been there, I think...that feeling, for years through high school and college...it's a timing thing, a luck thing....good that we can sometimes increase the chance of good luck...but when and where you will find that possibility for deeper connection...is it a person to feel joined with, into the future...unique, special and more connected with...to always be identified with...to mutually count on eachother in the same way...you may not know when this will happen...it will be a surprise or maybe you will know for awhile and then it will be...

    ....stay strong, relax some since time brings new things...new experiences, new opportunities, new people, new understanding of you...watch out that you don't limit yourself by your dream...
    yet always dream

    You are not alone...you are worthy of being cherished...you have much to give...I know you can see how you are appreciated now, but I think I know what you mean...and you are right, it is a real feeling you have, but how you really give meaning to it can maybe make a difference?

    I am a crazy night owl...hooo hooo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jen,
    you are a crazy night owl indeed!

    I think Bombay cheered me up. I met my friends and they made me feel what I have been doing and what I'm about to do is not something that randomly came about, its something I have made efforts to and unconsiously planned. This is significant in my life, the move to a new city and life on my own.

    And as for being alone, I'm happy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey, I'm going to sleep now...just a quick check in..glad to see you have made a good move! glad you met your friends....
    glad you are feeling happy today
    ^___^...
    thanks for that update...it's nice to hear you are well...

    night now...whoo....whoo....

    ReplyDelete

Try not be anonymous, leave a cryptic initial.