Monday, April 16, 2007

XT experiment # 258

Step 1. Take some powdered salt in a bowl with water and turmeric.
Step 2. Keep the proportion of salf and water 1 : 1.5
Step 3. Now put this smaller bowl in a bigger bowl filled with water out in the sun.
Don't drown the smaller bowl in the bigger bowl. This step is actually quite pointless just that it looks good and feel like you are involved in a complex chemical process.
Step 4. Watch it everyday.

A few days later you will see neat crystals like crystals of sugar formed in the smaller bowl, the bigger bowl will just be dry. For best results do this is a vessel you plan to dispose.
I did this experiment in 2 earthen bowls. Turmeric was added only to give colour and protect from fungii.

I wish I could click a picture and show you the neat crystals. I'm totally fascinated. Its like making crystals for your house. All on your own.

5 comments:

  1. really really funny blog !
    xanadu is a song by rush !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heh. I remember doing it in school. :)

    How've you been?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you inexile,
    you rebuild my faith in the fact that I can be funny.

    Arcane Crapper
    I'm good. A little exhausted with friends who are done with exams leaving. But other wise good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. allo :) lovedddd ur blog :)

    mind if I link you :) and OFCOURSE, loved ur doodles !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. once again,
    you can link of course.

    ReplyDelete

Try not be anonymous, leave a cryptic initial.