Thursday, October 26, 2006

There is something about Lova and surprises

Somethings are easy. Like bungee jumping, killing a cockroach, standing on the 19th floor of a building blindfolded, and keeping a secret. But you ask me to keep my mouth shut about a surprise and it seems impossible. I need to have a couple of packets of chewing gum, coffee, and some music to keep me calm. I even have an assistant to help me with my Surprise Projects. Lova, (name changed to maintain dignity, besides this is what I call him)an angry young chap with a chiseled face, a little too chiseled sometimes (poor guy he is going to be reading this) and who easily passes off as someone you have never and will never see again in your life. Perfect!

So... the plan is all set. The surprise wrapped . All preparation done. I have gone over the plan more than twice but there is one thing about Lova, poor guy is jinxed as my assistant- he can never get it done in one go, either he forgets the address or to wake up in time to deliver the flowers and write messages on the road with chalk, or misses the man by a minute and has to come back to me. I always have to face my biggest anxiety maker, my evil twin, my Mogambo, my Count Dracula- The SURPRISE!

We walk back and do some damage control.

The worst part is when your surprise is half done. The packet left outside and the joke is on you. You have to wait till people come home settle down on their couches and realize that there can be a box with goodies waiting for them. They may decide to open it after dinner, bath, feeding the dog, trimming their toe nails, the dentist's appointment or the Simpsons on TV. You of course are supposed to savour this precious moment! I can’t. I simply can’t that’s why I am writing this post - to spend these sickening moments of endless wait.

And it’s the same every time! Every surprise. Poor Lova must have written a million angry letters to the Indian Government about his degrading job. I like the government for not being bothered sometimes- they think people should fight and learn, just like children. I agree.

I always manage to leave enough clues despite the paranoia. Let’s hope my surprisee -even though he is a scriptwriter, a shark, and a Don- hasn’t read much mystery fiction.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Try not be anonymous, leave a cryptic initial.