Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Mrs. Mendanha? Mrs Rustomjee? Mrs. Aggarwal? Mrs. Ismail? Mrs. Kirtikar?

So is today the day I get my cheque?
Is today the day I help an old lady
cross the road?
The one who lives alone in a
big old haunted bungalow?
She has no children who
can inherit it
and leaves it all to me!
Then I give one room
to artists who don't
have a studio,
to (nice) theatre people
who don't have space to rehearse,
To kids who don't have a place
to put up a tent or fly kites,
To people like me who want to
hoolah hoop, buy music instead
stealing it from the internet,
travel to far away fantasies
Or read in peace.
A house where we paint the walls,
grow wild plants not manicured grass
put some sugar in our bowls.
A place where we make friends, cook together,
have a little of our dreams fulfilled
and do a little of what we think is impossible.

7 comments:

  1. Yippie!
    I got paid!
    I'm rich!
    Ye! Ye!~

    ReplyDelete
  2. congratualtions.......
    i live under this illusion thatone fine day there will be a lawyer standing at my door tellin me about this secret will that my greatgrandfather left....might be a bungalow....i am still waiting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,

    Just go there & u can listen most of d Grateful Dead's songs...

    Click here:
    http://www.gdradio.com/

    Roy

    ReplyDelete
  4. all this can happen only if u get the place rite??

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some of it still happens, but I can't get other people in.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nothing works.
    Everything IS.
    We are.

    ReplyDelete

Try not be anonymous, leave a cryptic initial.